“Rule of thumb for UX: More options, more problems.”
Scott Belsky, Chief Product Officer
The field of interaction design is concerned with all aspects of how an interactive product should function. Interaction design is incorporated into a product’s overall design from the very beginning to optimize the product functionality portion of the user experience.
Interaction Design (IxD) is still quite new to the world of Design. it only came about when the screen was designed to hold more than static content. Interaction Design can simply be understood as the Design of the interaction between Users and products.
The goal of Interaction Design (IxD) is to create products that enables the User to achieve their objectives in the best way possible. IxD is a combination of methods and tools that allow designers to solve real problems which can result in many benefits.
Interaction Designers want to create effortless meaningful interactions between their Users and their Design. They must look beyond the description of patterns and develop their own mode of Design Thinking.
In this course, you will learn the best practices and ways to design how users will interact with your product.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE COURSE:
This is a self-paced video training course. Ideally you should be able to complete the course in 2 weeks. But if you want to proceed slower, its your choice as each course is self-paced. You are also supposed to finish the practice questions given along with each video. Completion the practice questions is mandatory for course completion.
Each video in the training course –
- Has a focus concept/technique explained in as simple as possible with examples
- Is byte sized for easy consumption, reuse and application
- Is carefully crafted for easy concept understanding
- Is supported by supplementary reading materials and videos wherever possible
- Is supported by practice questions for mandatory completion
After successful completion of course lessons and practice questions, you will be able to download the course completion certificate. You can use the certificate as a proof of your knowledge and completion of the course. Many of my students use the certificate during their annual appraisals that require them to keep updating with new knowledge. They also use the certificate to get the hiring managers attention through sharing widely over the linkedin and similar social media platforms.
By completing the course and the required practice questions, you will be able to:
- Understand how to simplify interface, search & user interactions with the system or interface
- Understand how to design with minimum load on user’s memory, motor and intellect
- Understand how to direct user attention to the UI element that enables the business’s revenue model.
- Understand the best practices while creating and using content on the UI
- Lectures 24
- Quizzes 7
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 141
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes