“If you want to understand how a lion hunts, don’t go to the zoo. Go to the jungle.” — Jim Stengel
How do you figure out the real problems real people are having with your website or digital product? Usability feedback is the most valuable, and most reliable, when it’s originating from genuine experiences, right in the moment.
Usability testing is a method of evaluating a website or app’s readiness for release by testing it with real users who are part of the target audience. Usability tests evaluate the overall user experience by measuring the relative ease with which end users can accomplish a set of tasks that a typical user of the app or website would need to accomplish.
The goal in usability testing is to understand how real users interact with your website and make changes based on the results.
It is important to be sure that your app or website is easy to navigate and that tasks can be completed with ease, otherwise people will leave and go to a competitor’s site.
The primary purpose of a usability test is to gather the data needed to identify usability issues and improve a website or app’s design.
Even the best web design and development teams can benefit from usability testing as the tests indicate trouble spots for users and the areas where they are getting stuck or confused.
In this course, you will learn why usability testing is important and ways to conduct usability testing.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE COURSE:
This is a self-paced video training course. Ideally you should be able to complete the course in 2 weeks. But if you want to proceed slower, its your choice as each course is self-paced. You are also supposed to finish the practice questions given along with each video. Completion the practice questions is mandatory for course completion.
Each video in the training course –
- Has a focus concept/technique explained in as simple as possible with examples
- Is byte sized for easy consumption, reuse and application
- Is carefully crafted for easy concept understanding
- Is supported by supplementary reading materials and videos wherever possible
- Is supported by practice questions for mandatory completion
After successful completion of course lessons and practice questions, you will be able to download the course completion certificate. You can use the certificate as a proof of your knowledge and completion of the course. Many of my students use the certificate during their annual appraisals that require them to keep updating with new knowledge. They also use the certificate to get the hiring managers attention through sharing widely over the linkedin and similar social media platforms.
By completing the course and the required practice questions, you will be able to:
- Understand what is usability testing & why is it important
- Understand the role of users/participants in identifying the core issues of the product
- Understand how to plan for the usability testing
- Understand how to conduct usability testing
- Understand the ways to compile testing results.
- Understand the key premises that serve as ROIs for Usability testing
- Lectures 6
- Quizzes 8
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 155
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
SECTION 1: IMPORTANCE OF USABILITY TESTING
- Introduction-to-Usability-Testing-Why Usability Test?
- Q1: Introduction to Usability Testing: Observing Users
- Introduction to Usability Testing: How Many Users should be Studied
- Q2: Introduction to Usability Testing: Number of Test Participants
- Q3: Introduction to Usability Testing: Who to Study
- Q4: Introduction to Usability Testing: Who to Survey
- Q5: Introduction to Usability Testing: Usability Error Finding
SECTION 2: BEFORE USABILITY TESTING
SECTION 3: DURING USABILITY TESTING
SECTION 4: AFTER USABILITY TESTING
SECTION 5: WHY USABILITY TESTING?