Findability of an app depends largely on the understanding of the search algorithm of the app store. You need to understand what are the parameters used by the app store to match the search query and the matching result – the apps.
1. The first step would be to understand what your target audience will search in the app store.
2. Then include the keywords that users will use to find the app.
3. Include the same keywords as App name/title, description.
4. Make sure the title and description convey exactly how the app will help the users to solve their problem.
5. Include relevant screenshots to support the description.
6. You should list Trust markers such as reviews, number of downloads & social sharing options to help users find the app easily.
So other than metadata, you can also effectively use images, and photos to help people find & identify the apps.